The McDonough Sports Complex is a state-of-the-art health, recreation, and physical education facility. This $15 million facility includes a large fieldhouse with three regulation basketball courts, an ice rink (home to many area skating organizations), fully equipped Nautilus fitness rooms and racquetball courts, an indoor track (including long jump pit), and a multi-purpose room and conference room for 30 people.
The McDonough Sports Complex has hosted a wide variety of events, from major trade shows and exhibitions to a variety of athletic events.
Each year, more than 150,000 people visit the campus to attend community or athletic events in this facility. Weekend usage is preferred, since physical education curriculum and college athletic events take place on weekdays during the academic year.
Field House at McDonough Sports Complex Details
- 34,500 square feet of exhibition space
- Three regulation basketball courts
- Indoor track
- Spectator seating for 3,500 people in bleacher seating and an additional 1,500 seats on the floor (depending on the nature of the event)
- Balcony overlooking field house
Robert M. Conway Ice Rink at McDonough Sports Complex Details
- 18,000 square feet of space on ice surface
- Spectator seating for 1,000 people
- Space available during months without ice surface
- Locker rooms
- Public skating with extensive skate shop and professional staff
- Ice rental available November - March